Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Euro Summa!! history Pt2


Waken Heavy metal concert, Far north germany. We hitchiked there and back from switzerland about a 1000km.

Group shot in Dublin

Kevo and I in Edinbrough

Me witnessing At kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny, Ireland.




Prem at the G8 Summit 05 in Scotland near stirling. A hectic situation



Me at that same joint





Swimming in Lake Lucerne, Switzerland






Prem a bit buggered after a massive dancing Session at Trinty College in Dublin





Prem and I witnessing Half naked At the Zurich street parade so as to reach some of the Stranger Folkes.






History part 2.
European summa!
Well I was sitting around talking with my brother and a few other people about mine and Prems European summer adventures.
Well it happened In May 2005 I was 17 and premlal just turned 18.
My older brother was over in South Africa and He was about to take a summer witnessing trip up to Europe with a wonderful team of people that have been going along time and are still going, Good on em.. And all of the sudden out of NOWHERE, He writes and invites me and prem to go with him and the team he was on!!!
Needless to say we were overjoyed and excited, and in whirlwind 2 weeks we bought our tickets got our passports and anything else we needed and headed for Ireland. We never would have expected the kinds of stuff we had in store for us and if we did I'm not sure if we would have gone, Prem maybe, But I probably woulda dogged it.
First stop in Ireland we stayed in a hostel for over a week, ate Nigerian food and learned to dance like a couple of fairy's. (no the dancing was unreal, We had a great dance teacher and It was mad fun to learn a bit). The dancing was learned so we could preform on the streets but I'm afraid my, and I dare say prems talent was limited. And we never performed.
It was not long till we were sent on our first road trips where we would go out and witness, and through that find places to stay and food and transport. (well I can't tell you prems side of the story but as far as mine goes) My lovely partner Vicky and I Took off for the first time we were thinking of where to go and we both thought of Kilkenny. A southern Irish town (I thought of it because of the beer and she was thinking of the south park character. I guess the lord works in mysterious ways)
Anyway that trip kicked off the European summer for me and from that time on we were basically out on our own in the world for almost 4 months. I wouldn't have time to tell the whole story In fact I wrote an essay on the trip when I got back that was almost 30 pages!! ( a massive effort for me as anyone who know me could say) But Prem and I traveled all over Ireland, Northern Ireland, Took a boat to Scotland, a Plane to Germany, Hitched to Switzerland. And from there it was any which way you felt you should go on the day We both went to France, Slovenia, Croatia, Netherlands, Austria, Italy and back to London before flying out. Our goal was witnessing at different events and We were able to attend everything from Golf tournaments to rock concerts and even gay parades. I even worked a small stint with the red cross.
We slept in places ranging from 5 star hotels to bus stops, petrol stations and homeless shelters.
Even an Ice rink
We ate sometimes In expensive restaurants and plenty of other times we didn't eat at all.
We did plenty of other cool stuff Like travel in new BMW's and Jaguars on the Auto barn at over 200 Kph, Went swimming in the Mediterranean sea and all other kinds of lakes and rivers Slept in a nuns convent. Got stranded on a mountain in Switzerland, And so much more each of those would be story on there own (and we'll gladly tell you... just ask.). But in the end We made it back to Australia alive and we both will always look back on that trip as about the most interesting, toughest and also probably the funnest times in our lives.







I Think our only regret Is that neither of us brought a camera.







But I hope u enjoy the pic's that other people took... Even though there arn't many.








Ps. Prem if you want to add some of your adventures. Just edit the post and add it We'd all love to see.


Well here goes... I agree with Rob somethings you would never purposely do but it was a awesome summer, I first went on the road with an American named Becs, who fully sick guitarist, but unfortunately, for me, she didn't take to Aussie humor too well, but despite that we got a long just great. We simply looked at a map prayed and pointed, we then found ourselves headed to Bre' a little town about an hour south of Dublin. It turned out to be a bit of a mission to hitchike there and we didn't get there till 11pm, we found a placeto stay with an ex trucky and at first it was a bit teriffing but it was more me trippin than anything else, ha.
After that the rest is a bit of a blurr, love tearin down the AutoBarn in Germany.
Well that's it for now I thought I'd share a few things that we (or me) learnt not to do (well that depends on who you are and what your doin ha)

A few things not to do

Trust asain stewardesess (window seat yeah right, and where is my bag!! Thats right I still hate you..)

Go running on a ice ring during a big night out sorry steveo

Carry a pot full of burning oil

Climb forbidden mountains in Baden Baden Germany

trust Itaians, Indians, and people wearing Turbins

I just thought of one other thing that was hilari at the time and that was when I took a boat to Scotland and headed for the train station in Edinbourgh, this was the very day that the tube bombings happend in England. I was simply chillin while the two girls I was with took off to find a youth hostel or something, I was sitting there watching our bags and a few of the others on the team kindly left their bags with me as well, next thing I know sirens are going off, ppl are running around screamin and yellin, (well not really but I thought it would add sum intrige) a few police vans pull up and and out pours police, and the bomb squad, robot and all. I suddenly realised that things weren't looking to good for me, there I was wtih about 15 bags all alone out the front of the station, the police took one look at me and I knew I was in for it ha. fortuneatly I wasn't a terrorist ( yeah I was relived to find that out about myself!) and although at first they were a bit weary and shot off some questions about how well I know my friends and their bags, as soon as they realised that I was from Australia and not Iraq, Iran, and one the the Korea's it was all sweet had a good chat and they even helped me move all the bags to saftey in case the train station blew up!

well hope you enjoyed it.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those were great days.. wouldn't trade them for anything! It's great to think back on the past a little.. reminds you of all the lords done and all the more he is going to be doing, don't ya think? ;-)
Teri

ROB and PREM said...

bloody oath tezza... Good call

SerenaRose said...

fun stuff!!!write your stories too Premlal amen???

JanaS said...

Gosh! We've lived pretty full lives at our young age. It's great to see recaps of all the Lord has done. We miss you both!!! It was great to have you - even if it was just for a summer. xxx

Anonymous said...

Those are some short shorts Rob

Anonymous said...

That's funny stuff Prem, love that last story.

Anonymous said...

Mad stories Killer, That day was a nightmare ay, hahah

Anonymous said...

Those stories are awesome, boys!
I remember you sharing heaps more though - come on, don't be shy... lol

Anonymous said...

I have three words for you boys...cute cute cute!

Anonymous said...

Miss you guys like crazy...Didn't you promise you'd write :p
Gracie

Anonymous said...

Miss you guys like crazy...Didn't you promise you'd write :p
Gracie